Sunday, May 10, 2015

Feeling Really Darn Appreciated Right About Now (Teacher Appreciation Week)

The administration and students in a Leadership elective course have been really amazing about celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week.

Monday:
A red carpet was laid out from the door to where we clock in. I, of course, walked right by it and had to be called back to try again.

My principal also visited my classroom and thanked me for my service in front of the students, while gifting me with a Amazon gift card.

Tuesday:
Free coffee coupon and a Chocolate Chip cookie for breakfast, despite my lamentations that it should have been fruit, as well as an adorable cupcakes for lunch.


     
Red pen in hand is accidental, but quite fitting.

Principal visited again with a bag of school branded memorabilia--water bottle, flash drive, pencil, pen, wristband, and headphones.

Wednesday:
Break from students due to an all-day PD, involving Curriculum Mapping for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year. (I cannot believe I've nearly survived Year One and am planning for Year Two.)

Absolutely love it when our entire middle/high school ELA department gets together. It's usually the best part of PD's because it's always a good time with like-minded book nerds!

Second best part--free Chipotle for lunch! I had a DIVINE chicken burrito with chips and guac. I was totally blissed out, barely able to work through unwrapping common core standards during the afternoon portion of the PD.



Thursday:
Principal delivered giant cupcake during first period. Why are we encouraging bad dietary habits?! It looked delicious; I forgot to take it home, but it was just as edible the next day.


Friday:
Students were dismissed early for a "mandatory staff" meeting. Highly suspicious as we had a staff meeting just the day before. And apparently the School Leadership Team had pitched in to buy Happy Hour drink tickets for entire staff. I had a delicious Grilled PhillyCheese sandwich and spent evening chatting with coworkers.

If only my students would show appreciation as blatantly...

No comments: