Friday, April 24, 2015

MIA: Busy Being Employed

Hello Readers,


It's been a "minute," as my 10th graders like to say, since I've last written. I'm now curious as to what my few readers/followers might have thought when I suddenly stopped writing last May, but only fairly positive things have happened. I am alive and well.

The highlights to catch you all up:

- Was offered a long term ELA substitute teacher position at one of the schools at which I'd been subbing periodically.
- After being hired for the 2014-2015 school year!
- Teach for America NY Summer Institute, while fasting for Ramadan, was quite the experience
- As was "New Teacher" training at my new school in Washington Heights
- Been teaching (and managing to survive) 10th grade English since September.

I'll try to blog more regularly from now on.

Best,
Fatuma

No comments: